Home > Wedding > Wedding Gift Thank You
Wedding Gift Thank You Ideas
A wedding gift thank you is traditionally given by the bride and groom to all the people who
- has taken a key role in their wedding, or
- has helped with the planning and preparations for their wedding.
Most newly-weds give thank you gifts as a sign of their love and gratitude to everyone who has helped to make their wedding day special.
Who Should You Give A Wedding Thank You Gift To?
One of the worries that lots of brides have is that they will get their wedding thank you gifts wrong!
As a basic rule of thumb, you'll want to consider giving a gift (or a token gift) to everyone who has been involved with making your wedding into a wonderful, memorable day.
A gret friend who is also a professional wedding planner told me that she always advises brides as follows:
- When someone has given up their time / skills free of charge ... you should acknowledge this with a nice thank you gift, a mention in the wedding speeches and a handwritten thank you note too.
- If some one has been paid for a service, a wedding gift thank you is not necessary, but a thank you note and mention in the wedding speeches is.
While not strictly 'required' I think it's a nice touch to give token wedding thank you gifts to some of your specialist service providers too ... especially your hairdresser and beautician!
Luckily, there's a huge range of gift ideas and budgets to choose from. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Wedding Favors ... Thank You Gifts For All Your Guests
Wedding favors are a simple but effective way to say thank you to friends and family for sharing your wedding day with you.
Traditionally, each wedding guest receives a pretty box or bag filled with 5 sugared almonds representing Health, Wealth, Happiness, Fertility and Long Life.
Find ideas for exciting wedding favors to suit all budgets here ... including ideas and tips for making your own!
Thank you gifts for bridesmaids and groomsmen
- A great thank you gift for bridesmaids is jewelry, as it can be simple or expensive, as you like.
- You could also give them the gift beforehand so that they can wear it on the wedding day.
- For groomsmen, gift them a keepsake such as a flask, money clip or an engraved duffel bag.
- Again, you can also gift the groomsmen some things before the wedding such as cuff links, which they can wear during the wedding ceremony.
Thank you gift for the parents
- It is equally important to thank your parents as thanking your friends for being there to celebrate with you on your special day.
- Don't think of it as a gift; instead think of it as something that symbolizes continual ties between the families.
- As long as your gift comes from your heart, it does not matter whether it is lavish, inexpensive, or homemade.
- You can gift them vases, photo frames or even plaques bearing words of appreciation for their help and support.
Apart from giving the gifts, you also need to send a wedding gift thank you note thanking every guest for the thoughtful presents they got for you.
You'll find helpful tips and lots of examples of wedding thank you wording here ... all free and ready for you to copy and personalise today.
Wedding Thank You Resources and Articles
Thank You Notes For Wedding Gifts
Thank you notes for wedding gifts. Short sayings to copy and use in your personalised wedding thank you notes.
Wedding Thank You Wording
Creating just the right wedding thank you wording is a breeze for some, for others, it's a real struggle. You'll find unique thank you card wording ideas for your wedding here...
Wedding Thank You Song
Need a wedding thank you song? Find perfect thank you song lyrics to help you say thank you to someone special on your wedding day.
Wedding Gift Thank You
Learn how to find or create an unique wedding gift thank you. Your life-saver if you're stuck when choosing thank you gifts for your wedding.
Wedding Thank You Poems
Packed with free wedding thank you poems to use in your wedding thank you notes, wedding favors or wedding vows, this is a quick and easy resource to use.
Wedding Thank You Quotes Old and New
Add wedding quotes to your thank you notes for a different take on traditional wedding thank yous.
Wedding Thank You Sayings
Lots of wedding thank you sayings. Free to use in your wedding thank you cards and wedding thank you notes. Ways of saying thank you for your wedding gifts"
More Wedding Thank You Card Sayings
Find Wedding Thank You Card Sayings to express your gratitude, your way. Masses of wedding thank you card examples to choose from.
Wedding Thank You Inspiration
Just married? Need inspiration for your wedding thank you notes or wedding thank you gifts? Everything you need to create a memorable thank you after your wedding is here, for free at Thank-You-Note-Examples.com
Thank You Candy Gift Bags ... Also Known as Wedding Favors
A wonderful way to say thank you to friends and family for sharing your wedding day with you.
Ideas for Cheap Bridesmaid Gifts
Find or create cheap bridesmaid gifts. Masses of cheap ways to find thank you gifts for your bridesmaids and keep your budget under control!
Go Back From Wedding Gift Thank You To Homepage