Here are the permitted uses of the original thank you note examples, thank you letters and thank you poems published on this site.
All of our original thank you note examples, thank you letters and thank you poems are protected by paid, registered, federal copyright.
We follow up ALL copyright violations, taking appropriate action on violations of the 1998 Digital Millennium Copyright Act with regard to our site. We will continue to do so.
Please do NOT use our work in e-mails of any kind, including newsletters and other publications, invitations or school programmes. We make some exceptions; contact us for details.
Permitted Uses: No Attribution Required
- Free use of thank you poems for reading aloud at schools and non-profit events. Our original poetry may be read aloud without attribution.
- Free personal, non-commercial use of our thank you wording and thank you poems on paper cards, or printed on sheets of paper (framed or not), given hand to hand or postal mailed or shipped to relatives, friends and associates.
Permitted Uses: Attribution Required
In all of the following cases, our web site address www.thank-you-note-examples.com must appear beneath each item copied from this site.
(It can be small print, but must be readable)
- Free personal use of our thank you wording and thank you poems on e-cards, sent to ONE person at a time (NOT to a group of people), such as those available at Hallmark.com and other e-card sites.
- Free personal use of thank you wording and thank you poems for printing on paper wedding and other kinds of paper invitations (for example, baby showers) and paper wedding and other paper programs that will NOT BE SOLD or used to generate income for a commercial enterprise, activity, event or publication.
- Free use of thank you wording and thank you poems in nonprofit paper newsletters and other nonprofit paper publications, provided that no more than ONE poem is published per issue.
- Free use of thank you wording and thank you poems for sending paper greeting cards to business clients (such as Christmas cards and thank you cards), provided the cards ARE NOT SOLD and provided that no more than ONE poem is used on the card or other printed, paper communication.
- Free business use of our thank you wording and thank you poems on e-cards, sent to ONE person at a time (NOT to a group of people), such as those available at Hallmark.com and other e-card sites.
Web Sites and Blogs
Sometimes we allow the posting of ONE
of our thank you note examples, thank you letters or thank you poems at a web site or blog. Contact us to request permission through our contact form
If we grant permission, we will require a live, clickable link to our site. We will be happy to provide the HTML code so that the link to our site opens in a new window, so you don't lose your visitor.
Permitting others to publish ONE of our thank you note examples, letters or poems at their site or blog drives more traffic to our site; this increases our income. If you want your visitors to see more of our content, please direct them to our site.
- Electronic delivery of any kind (except e-cards, to no more than ONE person at a time, NOT to groups of people, with the web site address beneath each poem), including, but not limited to e-mail, texting, messaging, etc. Please, do not send our original content by e-mail. Here is our reason.
- Business or commercial uses of any kind where our original work is sold or used to generate income for a commercial enterprise, activity, event or publication, including web and other electronic publications.
Why we don't give permission for our work to be emailed
It's easy today to send our work to dozens of people at once, each of whom sends our work to dozens more. In the process, some people (people you don't even know, but who are known to people you know) could delete our web site address and pass our work off as their own. We have to protect our copyrights, or our site will become worthless and our income will stop. We hope you understand.
We hope you enjoy the content provided here at thank-you-note-examples.com and that it helps you to write a thank you note you're proud of ... everytime!
Thank you for visiting our site!